KALW's Sights & Sounds is seeking a multi-talented producer/engineer to join the team. Sights & Sounds is KALW's arts reporting project which features artists and creative thinkers from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, with a special focus on those that are underrepresented in mainstream media.
You'll work alongside host/lead producer Jen Chien to create broadcast and online content. We're looking for a creative, experienced radio producer with great writing and mixing skills, who can work well independently as well as collaboratively, and who is excited to celebrate the artistic richness of the Bay Area.
- Identify and book guests
- Weekly meetings with host
- Organize and update calendar and other internal production documents
- Write prep sheet for interviews and on-air scripts
- Create and upload web content
- Post on social media
- Engineer in-studio interviews
- Cut and mix interviews, using music and other assets
- Familiarity with and curiosity about the Bay Area's arts scene/s
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Engineering chops with Pro Tools, and ability to mix on deadline
- Skill in mixing for sound as well as cutting for content
- A strong interest in and knowledge of music, and your own extensive music library
- Experience with radio writing, esp host scripts
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Slack, and availability by email
This is an independent contract position for approximately 12 hours a week, with a mix of onsite and remote work possible.
KALW encourages a diverse pool of applicants from a variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. We value diversity.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, clips or links, and references to KALWapplications@gmail.com. Application deadline is Thursday, June 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. PT.