KALW Board, Governance & Finances
KALW PUBLIC MEDIA (KPM)
KALW Public Media, Inc. is a non-profit entity recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization with ID #84-3580297, and is governed by a volunteer board of directors:
- Gentle Blythe, SFUSD Deputy Superintendent of Communications and Strategic Partnerships, and KPM Board Chair
- Jonathan Baum, Attorney, Clarence Dyer & Cohen, and KPM Board Secretary
- Laura Saponara, Consultant to Nonprofits and KPM Board Treasurer
- Ben Trefny, Interim Executive Director and Ex-officio Member of the Board
KALW Public Media is responsible for the operation, fundraising, distribution, and administration of the radio station KALW 91.7FM and its online content. It does so through a Production Services Operational Agreement with the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD), the FCC broadcast license holder of record.
KALW Public Media (KPM) is inviting nominations for board members whose service will begin in 2022. This is a professional working board. We seek diverse candidates with leadership experience and managerial chops.
Board participation is serious business. KPM is primed to continue to influence how inclusion is understood and enacted in public media, including through #PublicMediaforAll. The stronger the organization, the greater our impact.
How to nominate: Please use THIS FORM to nominate yourself or another person.
Deadline: The next deadline for nominations is January 6, 2021.
SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT (SFUSD)
The SFUSD Board of Education is the governing board of SFUSD. As of July 2021, the commissioners are: President Gabriela Lopez, Vice President Faauuga Moliga, and Commissioners Matt Alexander, Kevine Boggess, Alison M. Collins, Jenny Lam, and Mark Sanchez. Board meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, except in July and August, when there are no meetings. Dates and times of upcoming meetings can be found here. The SFUSD Board of Education does not participate in the programming, content, and editorial decision-making of KALW's on-air schedule.
General Manager, Tina Pamintuan oversees programming, development, and all station operations. Tina can be contacted directly at email@example.com and at 415-841-4121.
CURRENT YEAR'S FINANCIAL AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS
- FY20-21 Audited Financial Statements
- FY20-21 Corporation for Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Report
- FCC Equal Employment Opportunity reports, including the most recent 2020-21 report.