Richmond Edition: March 25, 2021
Contra Costa opens vaccine eligibility to ages 50 and older — Contra Costa Health Services website
- The county recently announced that vaccine eligibility is now open to ages 50 and above, which should help move Contra Costa into the less restrictive tier but now that more people can get the vaccine, there are concerns if there will be enough to go around.
Contra Costa Community Webinar Town Hall hosted by Supervisor Federal Glover & DA Diana Becton – COVID-19 & The Black Community - Thursday, March 25th from 6-7pm
- The panelists during the town hall will review the latest medical information about the vaccine, how all three vaccines approved for use are safe and effective and will take questions from community members.
- To attend the virtual town hall you can use this link: https://cccounty-us.zoom.us/j/84291028781?pwd=Wm5OczZ5TkZ6T1RadEFaUEE4MnU0QT09
COVID-19 Black Regional Town Hall: Thursday, March 25, from 5:30-7pm. The title of the event is “Saving Black Lives" and features California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris. It includes an all star panel of African American doctors, public health representatives and community leaders from all over the Bay Area sharing info about the COVID-19 vaccine. California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris will also speak at the town hall.
Social Distancing Pack Walk: Pt. Pinole
- Pt Pinole Regional Park
- Sunday at 10 AM PDT – 12 PM PDT
- Event by California Pit Bull Rescue
- These walks are on the last Sunday of the month, in different locations throughout Oakland and beyond. This month, we'll be at the beautiful beachy setting of Pt. Pinole! We'll meet by the water fountain / bathrooms at the parking lot (located near the correctional facility, NOT the new parking lot) and head off to explore the trails and beyond! Please keep in mind there may be a fee to park in the lot, so please bring cash.
Click the play button above to listen to the live newscast with info & resources in Richmond.