Manager's Report to the Listeners: Change in programming, change in leadership
KALW General Manager Matt Martin talks about change at Local Public Radio in programming, and beyond.
Matt announced that, after 11 years as General Manager, he has decided that it's time for a change in leadership at KALW. Matt talks about the reasons for the decision and the plans for a search for a new General Manager at approximately 19 minutes into the program.
He also talked about a series of program changes that will go into effect in October:
- 1A with Joshua Johnson will replace On Point, Monday through Friday at 11am.
- Inflection Point will move to Wednesday at 5:30pm, in a new half-hour edition.
- Fresh Air will return to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, and the CBC's As It Happens will return to 8pm, Monday through Thursday. There will no longer be an 8pm rebroadcast of Your Call, although there will continue to be a rebroadcast of the weekly media rountable Fridays at 5pm.
- An updated Sunday morning line-up will include On Being with Krista Tippett at 7am, Hidden Brain with Shankar Vedantam at 8am, To the Best of Our Knowledge at 9am, and Philosophy Talk at 11am.
- Beginning in November, Work with Marty Nemko will be at a new time: Thursdays at 7pm.
- The BBC's Newshour Extra will join the schedule Fridays at 2pm.
- An expanded radio edition of 99% Invisible will now air Fridays at 6:51am & 8:51am.