On this week's Open Air, a talk (by phone) about what the cancellation of virtually all performing arts venues have on various artists, including a talk with conductor Martin West about the San Francisco Ballet, with Bill English, co-founder of San Francisco Playhouse, and with freelance musicians Mads Tolling and Matt Szemela. Plus regular contributor Peter Robinson shares possible home and outdoor activities during "shelter in place".
RESOURCES and diversions:
- The San Francisco Symphony's award winning "Keeping Score" video series
- The Metropolitan Opera streaming archive
- The Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall
- From our friends at KQED: "Emergency Funds for Freelancers, Creatives..."
- The Actors' Fund
- The Santa Cruz Symphony Musician Relief Fund
Listen to the March 19, 2020 broadcast of Open Air with David Latulippe anytime!