Almanac - Tuesday 2/15/22
Today is Tuesday, the 15th of February of 2022,
February 15 is the 46th day of the year
319 days remain until the end of the year
32 days until spring begins
The sun rises at 6:58:57 am
and sunset will be at 5:49:59 pm.
We will have 10 hours and 51 minutes of daylight.
The solar transit will be at 12:24:28 pm.
The first low tide will be at 3:43 am at 2.73 feet
The only high tide of the day will be at 9:22 am at 6.11 feet
The next low tide at 4:26 pm at -0.53 feet
and the final high tide at Ocean Beach tonight will be at 11:16 pm at 4.92 feet
The moon is 98.5% visible
It’s still considered a waxing gibbous
It will be a Full Moon tomorrow morning at 8:57 am
The February Moon is called the Full Snow Moon February is typically a time of heavy snowfall.
It’s also called the…
Bald Eagle Moon Bear Moon Black Bear Moon Month of the Bony Moon Eagle Moon Groundhog Moon
Hungry Moon Raccoon Moon
Today is also…
International Duties Memorial Day in Russia
On this day in Black History
– On this day in 1848 - Sarah Roberts barred from white school in Boston. Her father, Benjamin Roberts, filed the first school integration suit on her behalf.
– On this day in 1851 - Black abolitionists invaded a Boston courtroom and rescued a fugitive slave. Feb. 15, 1968 - Henry Lewis becomes the first black to lead a symphony orchestra in the United States.
– On this day in 1964, musician Louis Armstrong’s “Hello Dolly” becomes his first number one record.
– On this day in 1965, singer and pianist Nat King Cole died in Santa Monica, California.
– On this day in 1968 - Henry Lewis becomes the first black to lead a symphony orchestra in the United States.
Also on this day in history….
2003 – Protests against the Iraq war take place in over 600 cities worldwide. It is estimated that between eight million and 30 million people participate, making this the largest peace demonstration in history.
2013 – A meteor explodes over Russia, injuring 1,500 people as a shock wave blows out windows and rocks buildings. This happens unexpectedly only hours before the expected closest ever approach of the larger and unrelated asteroid 2012 DA14.
…and if today is your birthday, Happy Birthday To You! You share your special day with…
1907 – Cesar Romero, American actor (d. 1994)
1914 – Kevin McCarthy, American actor (d. 2010)
1927 – Harvey Korman, American actor and comedian (d. 2008)
1931 – Jonathan Steele, English journalist and author
1935 – Roger B. Chaffee, American lieutenant, engineer, and astronaut (d. 1967)
1945 – Douglas Hofstadter, American author and academic
1951 – Melissa Manchester, American singer-songwriter and actress
1951 – Jane Seymour, English-American actress, producer, and jewelry designer