Resident reflects on living at Ghost Ship and life since fire
While many living in warehouses are worried they could lose their homes, those affected most immediately were the almost two dozen people who lived at the Ghost Ship. They woke up the morning after the fire, to find themselves homeless.
BRITO: Quite a few of the other residents have just had to leave town because there's just no where to afford up here. About 6 of them have relocated to Los Angeles.
Carmen Brito was one of them. She says she was the first person to call 911 that night, and thinks she may have been the first person to see the fire.
All the music in this piece is by victims of the Ghost Ship fire and people scheduled to play at Ghost Ship the evening of the fire:
- “Domino” by Nightmom which featured Nick Gomez-Hall who died at Ghost Ship.
- “Hunger” by Golden Donna who were scheduled to play the night of the fire.
- “Somewhere in the distance” by Ghost of Lightning which featured Travis Hough who died at Ghost Ship.
- “Cusswords” by VANFANTOM which was Denalda Nicole Renae who died at Ghost Ship.
- “Always” by Ghost of Lightning which featured Travis Hough who died at Ghost Ship.
- “Ice Forms All Around Me...” by VANFANTOM which was Denalda Nicole Renae who died at Ghost Ship.