KALW is seeking a content manager with copy editing and social media sharing skills to work with our nightly news and culture show and other programs.
Primarily, you’ll be the frontline manager for Crosscurrents, helping coordinate our team each day as we produce our on-air show as well as corresponding digital elements/assets. We're looking for a super-organized, detail-oriented team player who can:
- help people get organized and do their best work
- wrangle a rotating cast of contributors and content
- work gracefully with both experienced reporters as well as trainees
- listen to each day’s content for quality control
- synthesize information from multiple sources to create each day’s show script
- write personable host copy
- check facts
- copy edit
- create and edit web posts and articles with creativity and attention to detail
- share content on social media and through distribution partners
- good editorial judgment
- strong proficiency in AP style
- experience managing brand social media accounts
- ability to work within fussy websites with a sense of humor
- familiarity with Core Publisher, Drupal, and WordPress
- solid interpersonal skills (as our newsroom is diverse and fun and sometimes a little crazy)
Not required, but would be awesome:
- experience with HTML, content management systems and web development
- familiarity with news metrics and Google Analytics
- experience in podcast distribution (RSS feeds, iTunes, etc.)
- design knowledge and interest in creating infographics
- slick dance moves (for our occasional afternoon dance parties)
This is a contract position for 32 hours a week in studio at KALW.
KALW encourages a diverse pool of applicants from a variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. We value diversity.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, clips or links, and references to KALWapplications@gmail.com.
Application deadline is Thursday, June 14, 11:59pm PT.