KALW News Line Producer
KALW is seeking a line producer with copy editing and social media sharing skills to work with our nightly news and culture show and other programs.
Primarily, you’ll work with everybody on Crosscurrents, KALW’s daily news magazine, helping coordinate our team each day as we produce our on-air show as well as corresponding digital elements/assets. We're looking for a super-organized, detail-oriented, team player.
This is an independent contract position for 24 hours a week. Pay is dependent on experience. Candidates must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Good editorial judgment
- Strong proficiency in AP style
- Ability to copy edit quickly and well
- Solid interpersonal skills – our newsroom is diverse and fun and sometimes a little crazy
- Ability to work gracefully with both experienced journalists as well as trainees
- Ability to work onsite at KALW at least three days per week
- Ability to upload information to fussy websites with creativity, precision, and a sense of humor
- Experience teaching audio journalism and related skills
- Live, on-air experience
- Experience managing collaborative projects
- Experience coordinating and motivating a team
- Ability to write personable host scripts
KALW encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we want you to show us your authentic self in your application. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels that they belong, that their voice matters, and that they are challenged and supported to do their best work.
To apply, please send a cover letter (including your reasons for applying for this particular position, and what about you or your life experiences might help us diversify our staff or coverage), CV, clips or links, and two references to KALWapplications@gmail.com. Application deadline is Sunday, June 27, 2021, 11:59 p.m. PT.