Could You Be Our Next Development Manager?
KALW is poised for amazing growth and we're looking for just the right professional to fit with KALW’s open and kind culture. AND — help take us to new heights through new revenue streams, including a a robust and carefully planned underwriting program and deep work in the areas of major gifts and planned giving. This person would work with KALW's general manager and membership manager. We’ll also provide training to the successful candidate.
Applications are accepted through Sunday, September 22, and only through SFUSD's job portal. Click HERE to apply.
We expect our Development Manager will:
Implement and oversee KALW fundraising activities:
● Manage annual membership activity, including but not limited to: on-air campaigns, direct mail, special events, online and social networking campaigns
● Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts to the station, in cooperation with the General Manager and other appropriate KALW staff
● Manage underwriting program
● Research, prepare, submit and monitor foundation grants
● Build KALW’s planned giving program
Develop and monitor KALW’s fundraising strategy
● Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy in alignment with strategic priorities for KALW
● With the General Manager, set fundraising goals and appropriately communicate goals to staff
● Serve as a member of the KALW management team; participate in the implementation of the strategic plan and vision
Participate in KALW’s community relations and outreach
● Professionally represent KALW in the community by participating in community events, serving on appropriate committees and volunteer organizations and otherwise advancing the unique role and importance of KALW Provide leadership
● Manage the Development team, including fostering a culture of professional growth
● Maintain and encourage positive relationships with other KALW team members
● Ensure that donations and donors are treated with the highest ethical standards
The strongest candidates will have:
● Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and management skills and high professional standards for work
● Interest in and enthusiasm for public radio
● Experience in public media
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to maintain positive, professional, and friendly relationships with community members and partners
● Strong computer skills
● Experience with CRMs, and PCI Compliance or willingness and enthusiasm for learning these systems / standards
● Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently on complex communication tasks
● Public speaking experience
● Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience
● Two (2) years of professional-level experience in a donor-centric fundraising, annual fund, major gifts, campaign implementation or related activities
APPLY NOW before September 22.