Housing costs have risen dramatically in Oakland the past few years and so has the number of people without homes. An Alameda County report estimates that as many as 9,000 people in Oakland are unhoused.
On this edition of Your Call, Jabari Asim discusses his new book We Can’t Breathe , which calls out racist “white lies” and replaces it with a story of black survival.
- Media Roundtable: The midterm elections, US shootings
- Your Call Election Special: California's election results -- What do they reveal and what's next?
- What do the midterm results reveal about the country and what's next?
- Voter turnout has already broken records: Will we see a blue wave?
- 2018 Bay Area Midterm Election Preview
- City Visions: Special Coverage of the 2018 Midterm Elections
- One Planet: Climate change & the midterm elections
- Prop A wants to kickstart repairs on San Francisco seawall
- Which races and issues will determine who controls Congress?
- Midterm spending expected to reach record-breaking $5.2 billion